Hopkins Technology, Multimedia Publishers
The Herbalist® Version 2.1M
by David L. Hoffmann
Multimedia CD-ROM for Windows
This multimedia CD-ROM is intended for all involved in health care, whether
practitioner or patient, designed to introduce the skilled use of herbal medicines within
a holistic perspective. In addition to the expansive text, written by David L. Hoffmann,
it contains beautiful color photos, songs and verse by Jim Duke and narration by David
Hoffmann describing the herbs and their medicinal uses.
For thousands of years medicinal plants have been at the core of alleviating human
suffering and promoting health and well-being through the use of common plants. The
essence of this accumulated knowledge on medicinal plants is practiced in Europe under the
name of Phytotherapy.
David L. Hoffmann, a leading authority on Phytotherapy, is a clinical herbalist from
Britain where he was a member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists and faculty
member of the School of Herbal Medicine. He was the inaugural president of the American
Herbalist Guild and has taught Phytotherapy throughout the English speaking world. David
brings hands-on experience to his wealth of detailed knowledge and practice of Herbal
Medicine. As a teacher, author and herbal consultant in North America, he blends the
experience of generations of herbalists with the insights of modern medicine, making
powerful healing tools accessible to today's health-conscious public. David is the author
of many popular books, including The New Holistic Herbal, An Elders Herbal, An Herbal
Guide to Stress Relief, and The Elements of Herbalism.
The Herbalist® Version 2.1M CD-ROM covers the following information:
- Basic Principles Herbalism,
- Gaia in action Selection Criteria -- How to choose the right herb.
- The Classification of Medicinal Plants
- The Formulation and Preparation of Herbal Medicines
- Action Strengths
- Sources of Phytotherapeutic Information
- Human Systems
- The Digestive System ulcers, gastritis, hiatus hernia, constipation, diarrhea,
appendicitis, the liver, diverticulitis, jaundice, hepatitis, cirrhosis, hemorrhoids,
cholecystitis, and more...
- The Cardio-Vascular System
- The Lower Respiratory System cough, bronchitis, pertussis, asthma, emphysema
- The Upper Respiratory System common cold, influenza, hay fever, sinusitis, laryngitis,
tonsilitis, and more...
- The Nervous System stress, relaxation, depression, insomnia, headache, tinnitus, motion
sickness, shingles, and more...
- The Urinary System diuretics, frequency, dysuria, hematuria, cystitis, water retention,
edema, urinary calculus, and more...
- The Reproductive System menstrual problems, child birth, miscarriage, PMS, menopause,
infertility, endometriosis, and more...
- The Musculo-Skeletal System arthritis, systemic lupus, gout, bursitis, tendinitis, ...
- The Skin lesions, eczema-dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, dry skin, dandruff, bruises, and
- Immunity, Holism and Phyto-therapy infections, shingles, fungus, cancer, and more...
- Phyto-therapy and Children measles, chicken pox, colic, constipation, indigestion,
nausea, hyperactivity, diaper rash, cradle cap, mumps, impetigo, ear infections,
bedwetting, fever, and more...
- Phyto-therapy and the Elderly prescription drug reactions, body systems, and more...
- Actions - Main Herbal Actions and Their Activity Mechanisms
- Primary Herbal Examples
- Secondary Actions
- Materia Medica A-Z Herbal (example of herb listing: Agrimony)
- AND... Includes scientific citations, a herbal glossary, English/Latin &
Latin/English, prefixes & suffixes, herb names & plant taxonomy.
Also contains over 170 color photos of herbs, songs by Dr. James Duke and his band, and
a half hour narration of 'Walk thru a Herb Garden' by David Hoffmann discussing various
herbs and their uses.
Requires Personal Computer with 512K RAM, Windows 95®, Windows® 98, ME, 2000, XP, or NT, CD-ROM Drive. VGA or
super VGA recommended. Sound card recommended to hear music and narration.
About the software
US $49.95 Shipping $5 additional within North America; $20 outside. To Order Click Here
Hopkins Technology, LLC
421 Hazel Lane
Hopkins, MN 55343-7116
(952) 931-9376 FAX (952) 931-9377
What the reviewers say about The Herbalist CD-ROM
The Herbalist Online Subscription Details
©1986-2013 Hopkins Technology, LLC ---